Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sketch Saturday #343

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  It's still very cold here, so it is going to be a day to stay in and get organized.  Before that, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Sketch Saturday challenge.  Our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp, who is offering the lucky winner a $25 GC to the Simon Says Stamp store.


Here is the sketch, designed by Debra:

Here is my card:
 

I kept my card very simple.  The patterned papers are from the Little Yellow Bicycle Just Because 6x6 pad.  The cute image is Nurse Nora from Art by Mi Ran.  I colored her with my Copics, then fussy cut her out and popped her up on the background.  I added a bit of Liquid Applique and glitter to the "love ointment".  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A striped ribbon bow finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Sketch Saturday blog and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Saturday Girls and our January Guest Designer, Kerrie.  We hope you will play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Creative Finger Challenge #62 (anything goes)
Art by Mi Ran Challenge #23 (anything goes)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Hi Carla, this is gorgeous, love the papers and ribbon. Such a cutie nurse too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card will speed up anyone's recovery. It is just darling. Love the Liquid Applique, it really makes it look like cream. Try to stay warm for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carla, love the cute image.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Carla, made me smile. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, your card is adorable. I just love this image..,even though I have been a nurse for 25 years I have NEVER worn a hat, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Carla and your coloring if that sweet image is amazing. See you a lot on FB but getting back to blogging in 2015. Have a great year! Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend is a nurse and would love this! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new sketch! That image is really cute. I like the textured toothpaste. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla your coloring is so crisp and pretty. You are so talented. I love your wonderful card. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous as always Carla and I love the colours you used!

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cuteee... love your colouring on her face <3 thank you for playing along with challenge #23 at Art by Mi Ran challenge blog.. good luck and hope to see you again in the next challenge ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you did the toothpaste - very creative! Gorgeous coloring and fab choice of papers for this. LOVE it! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Carla.
    thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute image, Thanks for playing in the Creative Fingers challenge Penny (Creative Fingers DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 23rd ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla