Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sketch Saturday #317

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  If you are celebrating in the US, I hope your holiday weekend is off to a great start!  Here's also hoping that Arthur didn't impact too many of you!  Bad timing for a hurricane, for sure!  I am here this morning with my DT card for this week's Sketch Saturday challenge.  We are sponsored this week by Ladybug Crafts Ink, who are offering the winner 5 digis of their choice from the Ladybug Crafts Ink shop.


Here is this week's fantastic sketch by Niki:
 

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Real Red and the pretty patterned papers are from the Webster's Pages Citrus Squeeze collection.  The sweet image is Bucket o' Blooms from Ladybug Crafts Ink.  I colored it with my Copics then added some Rouge and White Opal Liquid Pearl Accents.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A simple bow and a few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Sketch Saturday blog and check out the beautiful creations from the rest of the Saturday Girls and our July Guest Designer, Sally.  We hope you will play along this week!

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Paper Crafting Journey (final challenge: flower power)

Have a great day!  I'll be back shortly with a second special post for today.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty Carla. I love these flowers and your shadowing in the background really makes them pop. Your little pearls are the ideal embellishment for this card. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, how beautiful! The perfect DP for your image! Love your coloring & design & fab sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Carla, the colors and papers are perfect! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little whimsical flowers are the cutest. This will surely bring a smile to the recipient. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card... like the papers and your colouring is matching them perfectly!
    Hugs,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla