Friday, April 18, 2014

Smokey Ocean

Hi again!  I'm back with a really quick post to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I like doing when I can.  I hope you are not sick of me by now!  I wanted to get this in before one of the deadlines.

Here is my card:


My card base and mat are SU Basic Black and the paper is a piece of Washi paper from my scrap bag.  I always forget about these beautiful papers!  The gorgeous image is Smokey Ocean by ching chou kuik for Sweet Pea Stamps.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it all with my Copics.  I added some Ice White Pearl Pen accents and some white dot highlights to her hair.  A piece of purple mesh, recycled from a bag of shallots, and a wooden flower finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair, BV20, BV25, BV29, 100
Top: V01, V05, V06, V09, V17
Tail: B60, B63, B66, B69, B21, B24, B26
Plants: G40, G43, G46
Ground: E41, E42, E43, E44
Water/Background: BG000, BG72, G00000, G00

Thanks for stopping by again!  I always appreciate your visits and I plan to return the favor in just a bit.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #245 (sketch)
Sweet Pea Stampers (mermaids)
613 Avenue Create (anything goes; recycle or reuse something)
Cute Card Thursday #317 (splish splash)
Sweet Pea Stamps Friends and Fans (Monday art contest; anything goes with SPS)
Kit and Clowder April Challenge (something blue)
Card Makin' Mamas #85 (earth friendly; I recycled a produce mesh bag for my banner)

Oops!  Here is TMS-245:
 

Have a great evening and see you tomorrow!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. I could never get sick of hearing from you and definitely from seeing your works of art.
    You have turned this into a G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S piece of art. The dots in her hair at phenomenal and shallots mesh?????? That is some great thinking there. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card I like how you coloured the image thanks for sharing with SPS this week
    Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that washi paper is scrumptious and makes the most beautiful background for your image. I like the little touches of gold in it. Just gorgeous Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous! I love your coloring and the beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors and papers!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So have such talent Carla! This is beautiful! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Card Makin Mamas this week! HUGS

    Kim
    CMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Carla, this is stunning...Lovely, Lovely coloring. Such rich colors...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty well addicted to colouring ching chou kuik's images - they are gorgeous. And to incorporate the recycled mesh, that beautiful paper, and the perfect veneer...happy sigh :) I'm sharing in on the Tuesday Morning Sketches Facebook page today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice of image. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'mermaids' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab colouring and shading on that striking image - really great skin tones! Love the recycling especially but the whole card is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card! Your coloring is amazing! Stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, Carla! Love the image & coloring! Love your take on the sketch, that gorgeous paper, the mesh & flower! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - wonderful coloring and love the paper and the pearls and the purple mesh.... :) Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Carla,your card is gorgeous,thanks for joining CCT this week!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers and for using a Sweet Pea stamp

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's stunning Carla, I love the colors. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla