Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Flower Power

Hi there!  Happy Tuesday!  How is your week going so far?  We got off to a crazy start with severe weather!  There were several tornadoes in the region last night, with quite a bit of damage.  Luckily for us, we just had the strong winds and lots of rain and lightning.  It was still pretty scary until we finally got the all clear around 12:30 AM.  They say we may get some more strong storms tonight, but I hope it won't be as bad as last night.  Especially because our friends arrive today!  Anyway, before they get here, I'm popping in to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.

Here is my card:

 
I know!  Can you believe I've done another CAS card?  I don't know what's got into me these days!  Not much to tell you here.  The strip of patterned paper is from the GCD Studios Happiness 6x6 pad and it's machine-stitched around the borders.  The adorable image is Cute-ilicious from Tiddly Inks. I had the pleasure of watching Christy actually draw this at the Texas Coloring Retreat last month, so of course, I had to have it!  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added a bit of Glossy Accents to the ladybugs and some Stickles to the butterflies. The sentiment was a Friday Freebie from Sharon at A Piece of Heart.  You can find it here.  A few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:
 


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E50, E53, E57
Ladybugs: R35, R37, R46, R59
Butterflies: E08, YR12, YR 15, YR18
Green: YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17, YG67, G99
Purple: V000, V01, V04, V06, V09

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks Challenge #132 (flower power)
Friday Sketch Challenge #68 (sketch)
Deep Ocean Challenge #76 (stitching real or faux)
Sentimental Sundays #204 (CAS with sentiment)
Tuesday Throwdown #193 (recipe; 1 image, 1 patterned paper, and something purple)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and I will see you soon!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Hi Carla!
    Lovely card and great coloring. Such a cute image.
    greetings, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and love the layout! Glad you didn't get hit with the tornadoes and fingers crossed you remain out of their path.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring of that adorable image...love it....beautiful card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the CAS design of this Carla. It really lets that cutie pie image shine. You hold on to your hat girl. That was a wild ride last night. I was glued to the weather channel and thinking of you the whole time. It's already raining here and has been. Looks like some heading your way but hopefully not like last night at all. Stay safe and enjoy your company. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla! I LOVE your CAS card!!! CAS is so big right now and it's not my comfort zone but I'm getting there... and actually am simplifying mine a lot! Love the fun image and your beautiful coloring!

    So glad you guys are safe and sound! I was thinking of you through these storms! So far we are above the "hot" spots... literally! Our temps are about 15-20 degrees lower than Raleigh and they are getting tornados now while we are not, however tonight and tomorrow the warm air is supposed to hit us and then more violent weather is expected. Ugh! Stay safe my friend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything is okay in Birmingham. I have a friend in Montgomery and he said he only got rain.

    Your card is beautiful and I love CAS cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carla this is fantastic. Love the image and the CAS of this one. Great coloring too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty, Carla...lovely, sweet image. You do know CAS can be addictive, don't you? Ha You do it really well. Nice stitching around the circle.

    Enjoy your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this I like.... Carla I hope you remember me LOL. If you do then you know I love simplicity. I love the depth of the colours, the sweet imagine and the sentiment is oh so perfect. You've been up to a lot since I was away, so happy to see you GDing over at MIC FB page. Honestly I don't know where you find the time girlie, but kudos to you!
    :)Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet and who wouldn't love to receive this card?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable - Love the colors as purple and green are my fav combo. Great coloring job!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Carla...The colors are fantastic. We missed the really bad weather down this way but the tornado's were all around us. Enjoy your company...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Love the CAS design! Great sentiment and fabulous coloring! Love the color palette, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Hope you are safe and the storms abate for you. (I hated those storms when we lived in Georgia!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I do love this so much Carla, I now I aldready commentned on it on the tiddly facebook page but I just had to pop in for another drool!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this CAS creation Carla. Simple and beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Tiddly Inks Challenge blog.
    ~ DT Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. CAS is such a great breath of fresh air sometimes. :) No matter what your cards are always brilliant, Carla. :) I just wanted to hop by and officially thank you for yet another fabulous Tiddly Inks creation. We love that you play along with us! :) HUGS ~Tabbatha DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful image and colouring Carla. Thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh beautiful Carla. I love your layout. I am so happy you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carla, I really like this card. It has a lovely, fresh, zingy feel to it. Love the layout too. Thanks so much for playing at Tiddly Inks... Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla