Friday, December 6, 2013

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you had a great week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  It's supposed to rain today and all weekend, so I expect my activities will be mostly indoors.  Right now, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Marker Challenge at The Outlawz.  The theme this week is "shoes".  We are celebrating National Put On Your Shoes Day!  You didn't know about that one, did you? We want to see something to do with shoes on your project.  Just remember that you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) to enter.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Bermuda Bay and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Collectable "Notable" 6x6 pad.  The adorable image is Emma Shoes from Lili of the Valley.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added sparkle here and there with Stickles. The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Some Liquid Pearl accents around the frame and a few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fun shoe creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along!  We have a new sponsor for our December challenges.  Jo Davies, from Time For Tea Designs, is offering 3 digis of the winner's choice to one randomly-selected participant in this month's challenges.  Jo has so many adorable digis in her Etsy shop and they are so fun to color!  There are always lots of great site-wide prizes also up for grabs when you enter the challenges at The Outlawz.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp #185 (Kim's sketch)
Through The Craftroom Door Challenge (anything goes)
Papertake Weekly (anything goes)
Crafting for All Seasons #66 (birthdays)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout Carla!! Love your beautiful colors and of course that sweet image too! Your coloring looks fabulous! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Irish color combo you used here! Hey I graduated from St. Patrick Academy for high school many years ago and the green and orange is still beloved. Especially because I was in their last graduating class, before they tore the school down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour combo on this one! Looks very springlike and just what we need at the minute with this dreary rain - the perfect image for our challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and girly. I love it, Carla. No, I sure didn't know about that day. Ha

    It has rained here for 2 days now. It was kind of stormy in the night. The thunder almost scared me to death in the wee hours and made me almost jump out of the bed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla, what fun colors! Love the image, been there and done that! Your cards always make me smile, such talent.
    Raining here now and I am off to run some errands, yuck!
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so pretty and precious. Love the tangerine and aqua colouring.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very sweet, so love the colours you used, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such a cute card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, that image is too cute! Love her! Your coloring is wonderful; the color palette is yummy;love the different DP you used, your design, embellies, and fab sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card. I love this image and love your coloring, it is always so beautiful. Great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this little image will bring back a lot of fond memories for most little and big girls alike! I love these gorgeous colours and paper, and your coloring / design terrific. What a fun theme this week, wish I was up to joining in. Cheers :)Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is adorable! Love the bright colors and sweet image!
    Great Project Kali!
    Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons this time!

    Hugs,
    Milnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful coloring and layout...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a darling girly card. Love all the beautiful bright colors and the image is adorable.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous girly creation, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla