Saturday, August 3, 2013

Little Miss Muffet - Super Saturday

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  For some of you, your day is underway already.  For me, I hope I am still sleeping when this posts!  Those that have been following our Friday Freebie and Sunday Spotlight features on the Little Miss Muffet blog may be a bit perplexed by the new title.  Well, we've made an exciting change!  We are going to combine those two features into one Super Saturday post that's packed with a freebie, special pricing on a spotlighted stamp, and lots of inspiration from the DT for both!  Doesn't that sound like fun?  This is our first week for the new format, so you'll definitely want to check it out!

So, to get started, the freebie for this week is Silverstar, an adorable unicorn from artist, Simply Sophia.

Here is what I did with Silverstar:


My card base and mats are SU Strawberry Slush and the patterned paper is from the Prima Fairy Flora 6x6 pad.  I printed the cute Silverstar on MiC Blending Card and colored him with my Copics.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to his horn.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It is from the Life is Short Digi Word Art set in Paulette's store here.  Some pretty lace, a satin bow and a few shimmery flowers from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Seems a Little Sketchy #44 (sketch below turned to vertical)
Tammy's Scrapin' Corner #73 (use a digi)

Here is the sketch:

Next up is our spotlighted stamp, Cora Agnes Hatter.  She is available at a reduced price today over in the LMM shop.


I created a circle easel card using my Spellbinders Grand and Standard Scalloped and Classic Circle Nestabilities.  The cardstock is SU Primrose Petals and the patterned paper is from the Pebbles Sunny Side collection.  Cora Agnes is colored with my Copics. I added lots of Stickles to her hat and shoes and dress band for added sparkle.  I added some pearl accents to the hanging tie on her hat with my Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen.   The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It's hard to see on this angle, but it says "It's your day to SHINE...Happy Birthday".  A satin bow and a few more pearl accents finished my shaped card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Stampin' For The Weekend (shape it up)
Cute Card Thursday #280 (anything goes)
Tuesday Throwdown #158 (birthday party)

Phew!  Sorry for the long post!  Be sure to visit the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and grab your freebie, order your cute stamp and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT!  Don't forget that we also have a fun challenge underway until Tuesday, August 13.  The theme is "away with the fairies".  All the details are on the blog.

Have a wonderful day and I'll see you soon!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Carla, both of your cards are gorgeous. Love the rainbow on the unicorn. And love all the glitter and sparkles on Cora. Hope you have some time to enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such wonderful cards! Love em'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, I absolutely, love, LOVE both these cards. Silverstar looks fabulous in these colours and I love the touch of glitter on Cora's hat. Fab stuff. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two adorable cards, Carla! Love the designs, coloring, die cuts, and DP on each of them! Really fabulous! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous with a wonderful design and colour combos. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tammys Scrapin Corner. Good luck. Hugs Desíre {Tammys Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, what beautiful cards. I love the rainbow hair on the unicorn.

    Thanks for using our sketch on your lovely card at Seems a Little Sketchy.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are so sweet and beautifully done - your second card knocks my socks off!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE the unicorn mane! Perfect. Reminds me of Rainbow Brite...do you remember her?

    Bev Cole, Tuesday Throwdown Design Team
    Artsystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two adorable cards! What an incredible mane you've colored for Sliverstar! And I love all the glitter on Cora Agnes Hatter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very beautiful cards, Carla. I just love your colouring style!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are gorgeous! Love the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rainbow colors on the unicorn are fabulous and I love the circle easel design for the Hatter. Wonderful cards Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of these images. The rainbow coloring of the unicorn is gorgeous and love how you've done Cora Agnes hat!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Silverstar and Cora are so cute and made such sweet cards. Love the lace on the first card and the super sparkle on Cora's hat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with the sentiment on your Unicorn card, and you did fantastic with the feathering technique! Simple can speak volumes, and the design on the other card is awesome!
    Cheers, :)S

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your birthday card with us this week at Tuesday Throwdown!
    Kim L. Dt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, love the cute images
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning sweetie I love these, fabulous colours and designs, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had an extra few minutes and just thought I'd drop by and leave a comment. :D These are awesome! I love the rainbow hair and the colors and decorative paper on Agnes is lovely! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of these Carla...How creative of you to use rainbow colors for the hair on the first card. I also love the circle easel card on the second and the color combo...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carla, you have two really gorgeous creations here! I adore that lil pony with the colorful main and tail! He makes me smile! Your second design with the circle easel is truly gorgeous and so are your colors! Thanks for sharing my friend! HUGS! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both extremely cute as always :) Just love the rainbow mane and tail and the circle card is wonderful - that glittery touch on her hat with the pearls accents is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So adorable Carla... Love both of the cards and the images are so cute.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla