Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Happiness

Good morning!  Happy Monday and April's Fools Day!  Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!  The weather here left something to be desired, but otherwise it was very nice for me.  I am popping in quickly this morning to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I like doing when I can.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Bashful Blue and the pretty pastel patterned paper is from the Prima Meadow Lark 6x6 pad.  My sweet image is Lily, Bo and Peep from Saturated Canary.  You can find it in Krista's store here.  I printed it on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I gave a try to the sky and clouds technique from one of Alyce's fantastic coloring tutorials.  Obviously, I need a lot of practice, but it was fun trying!  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A bunch of Wild Orchid Crafts roses and two fancy chipboard corners from Make it Crafty finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be by to visit once I get some stuff out of the way this morning.  Stay tuned because I will have lots of fun and exciting DT posts nearer the end of the week!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly (sketchie free-for-all; I used sketch 77)
Saturated Canary Challenge #40 (pretty pastels)
Color Me Creative Classroom Challenge #65 (all about hair)

Here is the PTW sketch:

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Carla this is stunning, really beautiful!! Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful. Love how the clouds are giving such lovely movement to the image.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, Your card took my breath away! You did such a fantastic job with your coloring (everywhere)on the card, this is one of my favorite ones it is so stunning. Love the embellishments you added and that layout... WoW!!!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, your coloring is incredible on your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet Carla. Perfectly spring themed and lovely coloring. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this is simply beautiful! Gorgeously coloured - I, too, am so thankful to Alyce as she does amazing tutorials :) Love your beautiful pastel shades.
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful Carla! The lavender and blue color combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful colors together and your beautiful coloring make a beautiful card. I love her videos, especially her hair videos. Beautiful clouds, I think you did great. You always do a beautiful job Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I just adore your colouring and the whole card is so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Carla! Just beautiful! Love the pretty colors and papers, love the design & embellies, and most of all I love your fabulous coloring of that adorable image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card and fantastic coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Carla this one is striking! The beautiful colours and these gorgeous flowers and papers. You did an amazing colouring job with her and of course your background as well. Thank you for the tutorial link as well, definitely worth saving for a future day. :)S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't she cute!?! Darling card, Carla. Love how you colored your SC image.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sweet and of course beautifully colored (as usual)! The papers and colors you used with this image are delightful! So very pretty!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful, the colours are so pretty, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable, Carla! I am so in awe of your colouring. Stunning work of art, my friend!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable image, beautiful coloring, great papers and gorgeous flowers! Just a true work of art my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your looting is always so beautiful! This is another knockout (-:
    (Ps I think I should just save this comment and just start pasting it when I pop in because its always so true!)
    Hugs GF

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Looting" ????? Lol, gotta love that last second spelling change by google (-:
    Of course I had typed "coloring". Heeeeheeeeheeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is just too adorable! Its a really beautiful card Carla!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oops, have no clue what just happened so if you get 2 comments from me,please delete the first one cause I didn't get it finished.

    This is a gorgeous card Carla with fantastic coloring. Beautiful choice of colors, papers, and flowers. Wonderful take on the sketch and amazing embellies. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. really like the colors you used and beautiful coloring! fabulous work as always, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is the most darling image ever, Carla. I love that little lamb AND your card. I'm a little behind getting to your posts. We had an emergency trip out of state on Sunday. Got home Tuesday p.m. and yesterday had to turn around and go back to Birmingham in the afternoon in all your rain. Yes, you are having miserable weather and so are we. But, I think the temps are about to get warmer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So very pretty Carla - adorable SC image and your scene and colouring really make her look completely adorable, as do those beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card. Gorgeous coloring of that great image and scene. I love those stylized clouds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla