Friday, May 25, 2012

Copic/Promarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a good week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  It's a holiday weekend here in the US.  It's so nice to have the extra day to spend with family and friends! Before all that, I'm here this morning to share my project for the Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site.  It's the last challenge of the month, so the theme is anything goes, but you also have the option to make a calendar page using the free template we've provided in the challenge thread.   All the details and the instructions for printing the template are also in the challenge thread.

Here is my June calendar page:


I printed the calendar page out on GKD Ivory.  I chose an image to highlight Father's Day in June.  The sweet image is Father and Daughter from Mo's Digital Pencil.  You can find it in Mo's store here.  I printed it on Cryogen White and colored with my Copics.  It's matted on SU Buckaroo Blue, but I didn't add any embellishments since I want to be able to bind the completed calendar when I am done and I don't want it to be too bulky.

My project is also for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Father's Day/Special Male).

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Copic/Promarker Challenge and check out the fantastic creations from my DT sistahs and our May Guest Designer, Holly.  Holly's creations for all the challenges were terrific!  We hope you will play along with us this time!  It's your chance to be in the running to win a $15 GC from Can You Digi It (our wonderful May Sponsor).

Have a great holiday weekend for those celebrating Memorial Day.  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Carla, this is precious....I love that image from Mo's....and thank you for your help with my problem loading the challenge. Your directions were explicit and I tried to follow them..it was me...I just could not get it to work, lol. Once I finally figured it out, I didn't have any more trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Carla! THis is soooo cute! What an awesome idea for a calendar page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job with the calendar. Image is perfect for the month of June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful image from Mo. I love her images and you do such a beautiful job with them. Love the coloring on this, it's beautiful as always. Fabulous calendar page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your calendar page is beautiful. Love the image and the coloring is perfect. I like the clean and simple look it has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image that's perfect for the June calendar page. It's beautifully colored too. (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautifully coloured image and so appropriate for June! Can't wait to see the finished calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, love how you colored this image! So darned good! :^) Your calendar is going to be way cool! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous coloring page, Carla!!! Your coloring skills are AMAZING!!! I hope that you enjoy a wonderful weekend filled with family and friendships!!!

    Love and hugs to you my sweet, DT Sistah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation sweetie hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked a fabulous image for June Carla. That one is so sweet. :-) Your calendar will be so wonderful when it's finished. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a precious calendar page. I just love it. I think they are picking flowers for Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable image and love how you've colored them!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla your calendar page is adorable and beautiful, I love that cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Carla - you always make exceptional cards - how many times can one say gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful coloring - you do all these things and more. The images you have chosen is so very sweet and I only wish more daughters could have such loving fathers. I am going to be away this summer and will not post until late August or early September. I will try to catch you when I can!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous calendar page! Simple yet so meaningful! Each time I visit your blog I say I should go more simple because your cards look so beautiful! Yet simple is not always the easiest way:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, this is so sweet, Carla. Great idea to make a calendar like that. Your coloring is always wonderful, but I really like how you were able to ground your images with such a small area under their feet. I never know what to do for that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always loved decorated calendar pages. This is such a sweet image too. I need to check out all of MO's stuff. She has some cute ones. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. SWEEET calendar page Carla, a perfect Father's Day idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla