Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Special Friend

Hi there!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  It's been rainy and dreary here, but at least it's warm.  Spring is definitely in the air!  I'm popping in to share the card I made for a couple of challenges I like to do when I can.  It is for The Paper Players #86 (color challenge), Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Mother's Day/special girl) and The Paper Shelter Challenge (anything goes). 

Here is the color inspiration from Lesley at The Paper Players:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I chose the "special girl" option for the Simons Says challenge.  I started with a card base of SU Pear Pizzazz and layered with glittery patterned paper from the Best Creations A Walk In The Garden 6x6 pad.   I was thrilled to find all the colors I needed in this sheet from the pad.  My sweet image is Zoe Spring from The Paper Shelter.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with Copics.   The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  My only embellishment was a few roses from my stash. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I always appreciate your visits and kind comments!  Have a great day and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Adorable image, Carla! I love the beautiful designer paper you used and it was just the perfect one. What a sweet and delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Carla. I love the background papers you used, love the look of the pebble walk and your darling image. As always, your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carla! This is so sweet! I love the image. The background paper is precious! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - what an incredible scene you've created here! So lovely and fantastic colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That paper made the perfect background for your image. :-) Beautiful coloring as always Carla! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Carla! That paper is the perfect touch to create this lovely spring scene. As always, your shading is fantastic and I really like the dimension of the pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this card is gorgeous! Love the sweet image and that beautiful paper makes the perfect scene. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - what a gorgeous scene you have made. So pretty and your coloring and colors are gorgeous!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla