Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teapot Tuesday and More

Hi there!  Hope you've had a good day!  This is my second post today, so if you are looking for my Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team post, please click here.  I'm back to share a special card I made for this week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  You can read this week's story here. Two weeks ago, the destination for our teapot cards was Nate and Will Renz, the twin sons of Katie Renz, who sadly lost her courageous battle with gastric cancer on November 7.  The twins turned 6 on November 19 and we wanted to shower the boys with birthday wishes at what was otherwise a very sad time for their family.  Well, this week, our destination is Katie's oldest son, Hunter.  Hunter is turning 12 on Thursday and we wanted to keep the birthday wishes flowing for him, too.  You can read all about Hunter here.  Hunter loves books and reading and magic.  He especially loves Harry Potter!

Here is the card I made for Hunter:


I used the sketch from The Paper Player's Challenge #74 for my layout.  Here is the sketch:


I started with a card base of GKD Cranberry Tart and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Oxford 6x6 pad.  I used this cute image from Bugaboo Stamps called Har Repotter - The Chosen One.  I printed him on Cryogen White and colored him with Copic markers.  I added some Polar White Flower Soft to look like feathers on the owl and Glossy Accents on Harry's glasses.  The sentiment was a freebie from Paulette at Create With TLC.  The numbers were from a Basic Grey alpha sticker set. The card is personalized for Hunter with more alpha stickers on the inside.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by again!  I hope you have a great night!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Carla, how special to make this wonderful card for Hunter. I'm sure he is missing his mom terribly and this will be such a bright spot for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure Hunter will love this fabulous card with your gorgeously coloured Harry Potter, its heartbreaking thinking of those boys without Katie but at least they have their loving Dad to make sure their Birthday were very special
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla -what a sweet card for Hunter!! I'm sure he'll adore it - the book bg pp is just perfect for the image and love the sparkle off his wand! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is so cute....I just think Harry is adorable! We won't tell Hunter that, we'll just hope he likes his card! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally awesome!! and such a cute image with fantstic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image! Love your card Coloring is wonderful. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing that story! You guys are doing a wonderful thing for these children. Your card is adorable and I'm sure Hunter will love and cherish it. Great choice on the DP to pair up with your image. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card for a little boy! I am sure this will bring him joy. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable image, great choice of designer paper, fantastic card for a 12 year old. Thanks' for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, this is so stinkin' cute! Love that image and your choice of papers is such a perfect compliment. I'm sure Hunter will love this "magical" Adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I love this Harry Potter card and I know Hunter will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card! I love the image and the background paper! This is just perfect for Hunter! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a perfect card for Hunter. That is the cutest stamp and you've colored him perfectly! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla