Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mo's DP2 Challenge #109 - Winter

Good morning!  It's Thursday and you know what that means!  It's time for another Mo's DP2 Challenge!  This week's theme is "winter".  Perfect for the upcoming season and holidays!  I am also submitting my card to a couple of other challenges I like to do because the themes were very similar.  My card is also for Digital Tuesday Challenge #137 (Christmas theme and must have something digital) and Craft Your Passion #84 (Let It Snow - include snow in some form).

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of GKD Lipstick Red and layered with patterned paper from the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses 6x6 pad.  I merged two of Mo's wonderful winter images - Door With Wreath and Snowman.  They can be found in Mo's old store here.  I printed the merged image on Cryogen White and colored with Copics.  I added some snow glitter to the pom pom on the snowman's hat and some Polar White Flower Soft for the snow on the ground and around the door.  A few pink gems on the Christmas wreath and a satin bow with a Webster's Pages Sparkler finished my simple card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful christmas card Carla, love your shading!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I'd me worried if I didn't see a post from you, this this just perfect in every way, love how you added the snow, and your coloring as always is magnificent.
    thanks for joining us at Mo's

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carla! This is so beautiful!! Your coloring is just AMAZING, your paper is fabulous, and I love that big pink bow!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is just gorgeous, Always look forward to your creations, Love the pink and red and the images you merged. Great job on the Mo's Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, Your card is just beautiful! You have merged 2 cute images and they look wonderful together (as does your coloring)! (I gave up trying to merge digis - it never works for me)! I love that door and snowman - such a great combination!! The wreath is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card and gorgeous coloring!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute is this Carla!!! LOVE how you did the snow! Your shading is fabulous! Merging two images.... wow! I need to catch up on all things digi!!! Hope things are going well down there... we're still in upheavel here but working through it step by step, but no signs of a job anywhere! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carla!! This is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! I love the two images together! Your coloring is soooo beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Carla just love your winter scene. You did a great job mergering your images. I also love doing that.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzie Carla on combining the images! Beautiful coloring and love the designing with pretty paper!! Love how you did the snow, super sweet and nice! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wondeful card from you, Carla! I love the merge of those two images, and that bow is gorgeous! So glad you shared this with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla,
    WOWEE this is just so stinkin' adorable! Beautiful marriage of two fantastic images and the coloring is superb. I just wanna sit and wait for the door to open!
    Fantastic final touch details as well. A true joy to admire and awe over.
    Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog this morning as well. You made my day.
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Carla! This is just spectacular! Your coloring is outstanding and I love the snowman and your papers. What a fantastic combination of Mo's two images too!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sweetie! You are back with another stunning creation! And such a beautiful merging too:) I've been thinking lately to use this door too but couldn't decide upon the character to go with:( He he, here you are with MR Snowman, it's a great choice my dear; love the way he sits by the door welcoming people! Great colors and coloring as usual!
    Glad you shared it with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is sooooo cute, I love it! I hope you don't mind if I case it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla