Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Many Thanks and A Few Challenges

Hi there!  Happy Wednesday!  It's been another busy day for me, but I thought I'd pop in quick to share a card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  Lucky for me, they all had the same theme this week!  With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it's no surprise that a lot of challenges are having a Thanks/Thanksgiving theme.  My card is for the Our Creative Corner Challenge (Pumpkin or Pumpkin Pie), the Corrosive Challenge #137 (Give Thanks), the Through The Craftroom Door Challenge #14 (Giving Thanks - had to use the word thanks) and finally, the Simons Says Stamp Challenge (Thanksgiving/Thanks).

Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a square card base of SU Pumpkin Pie and layered with patterned papers from the Bo Bunny Forever Fall 6x6 pad.  I stamped the cornucopia from Impression Obsession with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored it with Copics.   The sentiment is from an old retired SU set, but I'm not sure of the name of it.  I added a brown pearl flourish and a triple-loop wrinkled ribbon bow.  Some punched leaves and a small orange rose finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Now, this is just a beauty, Carla. Just saw it on my dashboard and had to check it out. I love every detail and the colors are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, This is a true WOW card - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an awesome version of the sketch at The Outlawz! It's gorgeous! The colors look so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Carla!! Love the fall colors and the brighter hues!! Beautiful coloring and layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Love your coloring on this one. Beautiful image too. Thanks for sharing with us, your colors are so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Carla! I think the colors are fabulous and the brown beads (flourishes) are beautiful! You did such a fabulous job on the cornucopia!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAN you HEAR the purrrrring! {It's ME!} I'm LOVING this RICH and colorful piece of FABULOUSNESS! LOOK at YOU, gettin' yer CRAFT ONNNNNNN! This is AWESOME - SWEET ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutley gorgeous, and I'm thankful for you and your gorgeous creations you share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yeah, hope you made it through that storm okay.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so beautiful. Love the flourishes and your image is beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Carla! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining our challenge at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and so cheerful. You did a awesome job. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Corrosive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Carla! The colors are so rich and I love the deep brown bow and pearls. It all comes together so well. Thanks for joining us for the pumpkin/pumpkin pie challenge at OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla...your work is always awesome and this is certainly no exception! WOW!! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla