Sunday, November 6, 2011

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Good morning!  Hope you've had a nice weekend so far!  Other than almost setting the garage on fire (long story!), mine's been good!  Before I head out for the day, I'm popping by to share the project I made for this week's challenge over on Joan's Gardens' blog.  This week, the challenge was to make a pizza box using Selma's tutorial, use Christmas paper and create and decorate a belly band for the box. 

Here is my box:


I didn't have any 12x12 sheets of Graphic 45 Christmas paper, so I went with last year's Christmas paper from Basic Grey called Jovial.  I used one pattern for the box and another for the belly band.  I created the poinsettia with Spellbinders Layered Poinettia dies.  The "holly" leaves were made using the next larger Layered Poinsettia die.  I added a few gold adhesive pearls to the flower center and attached it to the belly band.  The tag image is from Flourishes A Gift For You set.  I stamped it on Cryogen White and colored it with Copics.  I added a bit of Glossy Accents to the ornaments.  The tag was cut out with a Spellbinders Labels Fourteen die and sponged while still in the die with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink.  A bit of turquoise twine finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Carla, what an adorable box that anyone would love to receive. Great choice of papers and your colors are perfect.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for the weekly challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Carla! Makes me want to make another :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely goregous, love the paper and that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla your box is gorgeous. I love the paper you used and also the tag. Thank you for joining us again this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I saw it and saved the tutorial but don't know if I'll get it done. You used beautiful papers and love how you did the band. Your usual great job on a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very creative! I love the tag and the beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, your box is quite stunning to say the least. I love the papers the sentiment in fact I love the box. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla you box is gorgeous!!! That flower is very cool, I need to get me that die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is super! Never made one of those boxes. I have the poinsettia die(a recent purchase) and I'm anxious to use it. Love your bit of added turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty box like very much the color that you use

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation Carla. Love the papers from the Jovial pad. Whoever gets this is going to love it! "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi carla! thanks for visiting me during starla's birthday hop! :) i'm following you! don't forget to follow me to be included in my blog candy giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla this box is gorgeous! I am going to have to get that poinsettia die beautiful!!!! Thanks for leaving your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla