Sunday, November 20, 2011

Color Me Creative Classroom Copic Challenge

Good afternoon!  Can't believe this is the first chance I've had today to jump on the computer!  We just got back and I'm popping in to post the card I made for the current Copic Challenge #31 on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom site.  The theme this time is "colors of the sea". 

Here is one of the inspiration photos for the challenge:


Here is my card for the challenge:


I started with a card base of TPC Studios Ocean Blue Shimmer CS and layered with TPC Turquoise Shimmer and a patterned paper called Renoir's Seascape from Paper House Productions.    My mermaid image is called Sounds of The Ocean.  It is available free from Sureya's deviantART gallery here.  I printed her on Cryogen White and colored her with Copics.  I think I bit off a little more than my Copic skills can handle with this one!  I am hair-challenged anyway and that is a lot of hair to color!    I highlighted her eyes and lids with Spica pens. The image panel and mats were cut with Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Petite Oval Nestabilities.  I added a flourish cut from TPC Turquoise Shimmer using the Cheery Lynn Tropical Flourish die.  I airbrushed a white Wild Orchid flower with Copics and added a few branches punched from TPC Studios Grass Green Shimmer CS.  A few Lily Pad Dewdrops finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy what's left of the weekend and hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. AMAZING Carla!! You did such a fantastic job coloring her - just love all the turquoise papers and gorgeous flower! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Love this image and how you colored her...so beautiful! Great color combo, and love the flourish and dew drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla this is absolutely gorgeous, and yor coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla she is beautiful. You have done a wonderful job on her. Don't you just love Sureya's images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh Carla! This is beautiful & see absolutely nothing wrong with your Copic coloring skills on hair or anything else! I love that image and the colors you chose are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous, Carla! Love your coloring of that mermaid and the colors you used on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing! The colours are fabulous and the whole card is beautiful. Best wishes,Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I've coloured her. It took me hours so I really appreciate just how much has gone into this card. Thanks for colouring this beauty and good luck,
    H xx CMC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes this is beautiful. I am loving her hair. Your Copic coloring is fabulous. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla