Monday, November 14, 2011

Card for A Few Challenges

Hi there!  Hope you've had a great day!  Mine was super busy with appointments and other stuff so I'm just now getting to post the card I made for three challenges I like to do when I can find the time.  My card is for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Photo Inspiration), Sketch Saturday Challenge #181 and Basic Grey Challenge #57 (Mix 'n' Match).

Here is the photo inspiration for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge:


Here is the sketch for Sketch Saturday #181:


And here is my card for the three challenges:


I was inspired by the rich red, green and blue colors in the inspiration photo.  I started with a square card base of GKD Lipstick Red and layered with a mix of patterned papers from the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding, Jovial and Mistletoe & Pears collections.  The sentiment was created with alpha stickers from the Basic Grey Fruitcake collection.  I stamped Tilda Hanging Ornaments with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored with Copic markers.  I added some Stickles to the ornaments for a little sparkle.  The image was cut out and matted with Spellbinders Classic and Scallop Petite Oval Nestabilities.  A few poinsettia stickers finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful Carla!!! Gorgeous coloring of Tilda!! Your take on the sketch, choice of dp and colors are perfect!! Love the added poinsettias!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful and really love that layout you used. Great colors, great embellishments, love those beautiful poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla, I just love your site and all the fabulous work you done. Thanks for your words of encouragement! I am followoing you now, so I can stay current on all you wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My English is really not that bad; so it should be work you've done and all your wonderful posts! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the image and your coloring just brings her to life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and love how you covered the 3 challenges. Congrats on your big win at Timeless Tuesday!!!I love their stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, Adorable card. Love all the papers you used. Tilda is colored stunning and all ready for Christmas. Your flowers are so pretty.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so sweet Carla. I need to get my Tildas out and use them. It has been forever since I did. Your embellishments are perfect. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow Carla this is so gorgeous, beautifully coloured and the papers are so lush...serious paper envy here lol
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, this is so pretty and you've colored it perfectly. Love those papers you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Christmas card! Lovely poinsettias! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS is a positively LOVEY creation - and inspired use of that stunning inspiration! YOU make me want to get my CHRISTMAS onnnnnn! Splendid creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and love the BG papers you have mixed and matched. Thank you for joining in the BAsic Grey challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla