Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Card For A Few Challenges

Hi there!  Hope you're doing well today!  I found a little time for crafting before I head out to a few appointments.  I was happy to have a chance to make a card for a few challenges out there.  My card is for this week's Sketch Saturday #179, Simon Says Stamp Challenge (use buttons; Basic Grey optional)) and The Paper Shelter Challenge #38 (Christmas fun).

Here is the Sketch Saturday sketch:


Here is my card for all three challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Lipstick Red and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Jovial 6x6 pad.   For the "Christmas fun" theme, I chose to use this adorable image from The Paper Shelter called Cookies For Santa.  Could this little girl be any cuter?  I printed the image on Cryogen White Iridescent and colored with Copic markers.  I added Glossy Accents to the glass of milk and the tree pot.  I added some sparkle to the tree ornaments with Stickles.    The whole image was cut out and popped up over the matted half-oval panel that I cut out with Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Petite Oval Nestabilities.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the lower panel.  A few Basic Grey buttons and a sheer bow finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I really appreciate it when you visit!  Have a great day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. wow Carla, you used the sketch wonderfully, I love the image and where you placed her...perfection
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is too cute! I love that little image....is it a digi? I just got some new ones today from Mo's and can't wait to color them and make some cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely precious!! Love the dp and gorgeous punching! You've colored her perfectly as always!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carla this is so pretty!! Beautiful paper and I love, love this image and your awesome coloring! Gorgeous! Hugzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love the image and your coloring and of course the sheer bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how sweet, it's the perfect Christmas card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh Gorgeous! I love the tree! Thank you for playing at Sketch Saturday!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love the buttons! I am glad they are being used again as I have a bunch. Great job on a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carla! Oh you are sooooo good with cute images!!! You do EVERYTHING well as a matter of fact!!! LOVE this image and you have the perfect dp for it! Love the little buttons! Just an adorable card!!! Hope all is well at your house! Things are crazy here but moving along... some days better than others, and no job interviews yet, but still hopeful!
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is such a cute card Carla, I love that image :)
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla