Sunday, November 13, 2011

Card For a Couple of Challenges

Hello!  Hope you all had a great weekend!  It was pretty busy around here, but I still managed a little crafting time.  I am popping in to share the card I made for two challenges - the TSG#129 Challenge, which was to create a holiday project and the November Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) on Jen Del Muro's blog. 

Here is Jen's November sketch:


Here is my holiday project using the sketch:


I started with a card base of GKD Cranberry Tart and layered with patterned papers from the K & Co. Glad Tidings pad.  I stamped the images from the There She Goes Welcome Home set with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and colored them with Copics.  I cut out the wreath and added it to the door.  I added Glossy Accents to the windows for some shine.  The sentiment was cut out with a Spellbinders Classic Circles die and mounted on a Spellbinders Parisian Accents diecut.  A bit of ribbon and a couple of gold pearls finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you again soon!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Carla, this card is just amazing. You cut out the wreath? I am very impressed. I'm not sure I could hold it never mind cut it out. The Glossy accents on your windows really shows up nicely. Your coloring is outstanding. That Parisian Accent Die is new to me and now on my wish list. Your paper choices are gorgeous and your little pearls, the perect final touch. Can you tell how much I loved this card? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A complete beauty!! I love what you did with the dies. Awesome work, Carla!! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you gonna have a great week this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! No other words come to mind....I'm speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, this is gorgeous...I love doors for some reason and especially when they are colored and accented as wonderfully as this one. Love the glossy accents on your windows with the golds. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Carla. Those glossy accents on the window panes make them look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the love on my bloggy Carla!!

    What a stunny Christmas card too! I love the deep rich colors!!

    HUGS, Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is absolutely PAPER CRAFTY magic, my friend! I have seldom felt SO invited! {!} Your application of color is PURE perfection! Way TO go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla