Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Card For a Couple of Challenges

Hi there!  Hope you are having a great day!  It's a gorgeous day here, but I've been stuck inside doing things around the house.  I hope to remedy that soon!  Meanwhile, I'm popping in quickly to share the card I made for a couple of challenges. It is for this week's Our Creative Corner Challenge, which was to make a masculine card with non-traditional masculine colors.  It is also for Challenge #13 over at the Through The Craft Room Door Challenge Blog, which this time was themed "Fall" in Love.  You had to include leaves and it was optional to use the color brown or tan.

Here is my card for both challenges:


I decided to make a thank you card for my DH.  I used patterned papers from Bo Bunny called Forever Fall.  I thought the rich yellow, orange, burgundy and teal would make for good non-tradional male colors.  I stamped the fall wreath from Impression Obsession onto Cryogen White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics.  I sponged around the image panel with one of my new Tim Holtz Fall Distress Inks - Gathered Twigs. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Thanks A Million set and it's stamped with SU Bermuda Bay. I added a bit of teal raffia for a more masculine look than ribbon and I finished it off with a few gold rhinestone leaves.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. oh wow Carla those colours are perfect for that image...stunning mix of papers too...hope you get out and about in your nice weather soon
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, your card is just outstanding. What a super Fall creation. Your DH is sure to appreciate it. Those dp's are awesome, as is the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous Carla - love the teal raffia and fantastic sentiment surrounded by the gorgeous wreath! I'm sure your Hubby will absolutely love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... this is fabulous Carla ... I love your coloured wreath it is beautiful and it complements the background papers wonderfully ... Great colour combination - thanks for taking up the challenge of non-tradtional colours ... this is perfection!
    And, thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutley gorgeous, so rich and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely fall card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Carla...I love the rich, vibrant colors and the beautiful image and tilted panels!

    --Deb Saaranen
    **I know that you were at my blog already today, but you might want to check back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous fall card! The paper is gorgeous. Love the raffia and the gold leaves...so so pretty!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color combination - love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colors! Wow, that Bo Bunny paper is gorgeous and the teal was a great addition. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Carla, This is so pretty. I love your colors. Your raffia ribbon matches perfect. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Carla! Is this ever pretty! Love the rich colors you used! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla