Friday, November 4, 2011

Card For A Couple More Challenges

Hi, there!  Hope you're having a great day!  This is my second post today.  If you are looking for my DT card for the Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz, please scroll down one post.  I am back because I managed to squeeze in another card for a couple of challenges I like to do.  My card is for this week's Color Throwdown #166 and this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner where the theme was "fancy folds".

Here is the CTD Color Swatch:
Here is my card for both challenges:


For my fancy fold, I created a center step card.  A tutorial for this type of card is available here on Splitcoast Stampers.  I started with a card base of Old Olive and layered with patterned papers from the Prima Madeline 6x6 pad.  The sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps called Deuteronomy 31:6.  It is cut out and matted with Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Petite Oval Nestabilities.  The butterflies are punched with a MS punch and tiny pearls were added to their bodies.  I airbrushed a Kaiser Paper Bloom with my Copics and added it with a few punched leaves (MS punch).  A Kraft taffetta bow finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by again!  I really appreciate it!  Have a terrific weekend!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Carla, this is one of my fave paper packs and your card couldn't be more beautiful. I love everything about it. You are always my inspiration, have a great weekend.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! Wonderful wealth of details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skills with the COPICs are awesome! I really am impressed - such beautiful shading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, This is a outstanding card! Your sentiment is beautiful and the warmth of the colors in the paper are perfect. Very touching card.
    Hugz, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a beautiful card! I love the colors, the verse, and the fancy fold. Awesome!
    Mary AKA seamom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely and positively amazing Carla!!!! One of my favorite scriptures and the papers are so calming and gorgeous! Love the ribbon and the butterflies are just delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... super card Carla ... I really really like these cards, and you have used a beautiful scripture to take centre stage ... your colour palette is divine ... awesome job!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another breathtaking creation!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous! The design really shows off the sentiment. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Carla! I just love this card style and you really added the perfect mix of color and detail. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla