Sunday, January 2, 2011

Featured Stamper Challenge and CPS Sketch #199

I made a card for a couple of challenges today.  First was the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers (FS204).  Today's Featured Stamper was Marisa Ritzen (whiterockmama) and this is Marisa's card I chose to CASE:

Here is my card:


I kept Marisa's color scheme the same and I also used a verse for my focal image.  I changed mine to a square card and tweaked the sketch a little to use today's sketch from Card Positioning Systems (#199).

Here is that sketch:


I also changed the stamp set and embellishments for my card.  My images are from the Gina K. Designs set, Faithful Florals. My card base is Basic Black.  I layered with Old Olive and Whisper White.  The DP is Pink Paislee 365 Degrees.  I scored the top white panel like Marisa did using my Scor-Buddy.  The black panel was embossed with the Houndstooth EF.  I finished it with an olive satin bow and a few black pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is very elegant and pretty! I love the colors and scored lines in the background! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carla.. I love the colors you used from Marisa's card.. The black is striking. Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeek!!! I love, love, love these!!! The faithful Florals card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla