Thursday, January 20, 2011

Color Throwdown #125

Wow!  Where did the week go?  It's been a busy one, but I finally had a chance to drop in and share a card I made for this week's Color Throwdown.  Here are the soft and pretty colors from Barbara:

I used the sketch from this week's Sketch Spotlight Challenge on StampTV for my card.


Here is my card:


I used some beautiful papers from Webster's Pages Waiting For Santa/Sweet Season Petite Papers pad which had all three colors.  I cut the pieces to match the sketch and stitched around the panels with my Janome Sew-Mini.  My card base is Pear Pizzazz and it is layered with Blushing Bride.  I paper-pieced the dress from Gina K. Designs Retro Boutique set with a striped DP from Webster's Winter's Wings pad., then added a sash of sheer ribbon and a tiny rose.  I added some Liquid Pearls and Pink Stickles to the hem of the dress to look like taffeta and lace.  The sentiment is also from Retro Boutique.  It is framed with one of the Fanciful Tags frames (also from Gina K. Designs) and cut with a Spellbinders Fancy Tag. A few tiny pearls finished it.

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Carla! I love that paper--it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous... I love the greens!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and pretty Carla! Wait.....is this a NEW BLOG!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!! Congrats! It's looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla